Friday, October 26, 2012

The Heart of a Child - Part 1

There are some days I just want to hang up my apron, clock out and go far, far away. But I don't because I love my kids. I want them to be happy, loved and well adjusted individuals. There are days like today that make me a very proud mum. It was shopping/errand day. Lately I've been scared out of my mind to take them anywhere considering their antics. But today I took all four grocery shopping by myself. OK that's a lie. I had a million stores to go to and only had to take them to the first store by myself.

They were so well behaved I almost couldn't believe it. They rode the cart around like a train which I indulged them because it made my life easier and wasn't hurting anyone. "Aaallll Aboooaaard." I'd call as we moved to the next aisle, they would scramble onto the cart to hold on for dear life. This was a wonderful because they giggled with joy and yelled "WOOT WOOT!" and "CHOO CHOO!", plus I knew I wasn't forgetting anyone. A.E. helped load and unload the shopping cart and L.E. helped bag groceries. They're three years old!!! Three year olds can do these things?

A few days ago I was feeling down in the dumps, depressed if you will. A.E. comes into the room like she always does first thing in the morning after Daddy has gone off to work, grabs my phone, starts Netflix and watches cartoons. I was sitting there watching her and she looks up at me and says, "What's wrong Mommy?" I tell her that I'm just a little sad today. I must of fallen back to sleep cause the next thing I know she is shoving an apple in my face while chomping on her's saying, "Here's an apple Mommy." I'm feeling down and my three year old brings me breakfast in bed. How sweet and amazing is this? She may be the strongest willed of them all, but her heart is bigger and covered in gold.

Our darling ladybug, L.D. is the most patient of the four. Her ability to be as patient as she is at such a young age is truly a gift that God has blessed her with. She is patient with her older siblings as they try to boss her around and is patient as a saint when I need to care for our her younger sister. I truly believe that this is how she shows her love for me. "You are my sunshine" is her favorite song ever since she was just weeks old and her favorite color is yellow. Coincidence? I think not. But when she hurts, oh it will surely rip your heart out of your chest. This little girl loves deep and hurts deep.

It's late so I will end for now with part 2 to come in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment